Dental Fillings in Tracy, CA
Our dental practice offers dental fillings in Tracy, CA, for our patients who want to restore and improve the look of their smile. A filling is an excellent restorative option that protects your teeth from future dental problems and helps restore your teeth’s natural beauty.
What are Dental Fillings?
A dental filling is a small piece of tooth-colored filling material that is placed into a cavity or other area of decay. It can be used to repair damage caused by cavities, tooth decay, cracks, chips, or fractures. The filling will also help prevent further damage to the healthy tooth structure and keep the tooth looking its best.
Tooth fillings are usually needed when:
- There is a large amount of decay present on the surface of the tooth.
- Decay has penetrated deep into the tooth’s structure.
- Your tooth is cracked or broken.
- You have had previous restorations (fillings) removed and need another one.
Benefits of Dental Tooth Fillings
The benefits of having a dental filling include:
Types of Dental Fillings
There are many different types of restorative materials used in dental filling procedures, including gold, silver amalgam, composite resin, and porcelain. Each kind of dental filling material serves a specific purpose, depending on what type of tooth is affected and the extent of damage caused by dental caries.
How to Care for Your Dental Fillings
In order to maintain the health of your dental fillings, you should:
- Brush and floss regularly. Brushing and flossing remove bacteria and food particles from between your teeth and under your gum line.
- Don’t smoke or chew tobacco products. Tobacco use can cause serious damage to your oral cavity. It can also increase your risk of developing cavities and gum diseases.
- Avoid acidic beverages. Acidic beverages such as soda, fruit juices, and beer can erode tooth enamel and weaken the bonding between your tooth enamel and dental fillings.
If you notice any changes in your dental fillings, schedule an appointment with our oral health professionals in Tracy, CA. We will evaluate your situation and determine what dental procedures need to be done to restore your smile.
Restore Your Teeth at Miller's Family Dentistry
At Miller’s Family Dentistry, we offer several dental restoration options to help you restore your smile back to its original beauty. Our entire team is committed to providing our patients with quality care and exceptional service. We want to make sure that you feel comfortable and confident about your dental health needs. To learn more about our restorative services, please contact us today!